The Simulated Air Impact Review (sAir) model is the pinnacle of next generation air quality models. sAIR is a user-friendly software package
that performs air emission modeling of actions (e.g. MILCON) to meet the air quality regulatory requirements of:
- Air Force Instruction 32-7040, Clean Air Act (CAA Section 176(c)).
- Air Quality Compliance And Resource Management.
- Environmental Impact Analysis Process (EIAP, 32 CFR 989).
- General Conformity Rule (GCR, 40 CFR 93 Subpart B).
Unique to this model is a fully integrated Geographic Information System (GIS) component that enables users to identify the proposed action location relative to EPA designated regulatory areas. This component is incorporated within sAIR; therefore:
- There are no additional costs, and
- no additional licenses to use this GIS capability!
The security of user data and electronic devices is never compromised. In order to maintain system integrity, sAIR employs multiple cybersecurity strategies:
- sAIR is a standalone application.
- sAIR does NOT require the use of any database system.
- sAIR does NOT use open-source code.
- sAIR does NOT use third-party libraries.
- sAIR is written using Microsoft .NET architecture ONLY.
- sAIR does NOT require the use or access of the internet.